New Jersey Family Planning League (NJFPL) is committed to providing access to quality family planning and related health services for all New Jerseyans who need them. NJFPL is a direct grantee for Title X, NJ state family planning and other funds. We use this funding to support 11 agencies that operate 50 health centers in all 21 counties.
The network of family planning agencies in our service delivery system is comprised of a diverse group of organizations that includes:
- Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs)
- Planned Parenthood affiliates
- A county health department
- An academic health center
- Other non-profit family planning service providers
The agencies NJFPL supports reflect a diverse and vital component of the state’s public health infrastructure.
In addition to managing funding, we provide our agencies with:
- Technical assistance
- Policy and regulatory analysis
- Strategic planning guidance
Our mission is to provide access to reproductive and sexual health services for all, regardless of income or insurance status. In 2018, nearly 110,000 people visited one of our provider agency health centers. Of these:
- 39 percent were uninsured
- 42 percent had public health insurance such as Medicaid
- 88 percent had incomes at 150 percent or less of the federal poverty guidelines ($37,650 for a family of four)
For more than 40 years, we have supported affordable, accessible family planning health care for everyone who walks through the doors of one of our provider agencies.